In my spare time I contribute to a number of podcasts.
The International Mac Podcast
IMP aims to give a more global view of life as a Mac user. I co-produce the network’s main show, IMP Live, with the network’s creator, Stu Helm. Myself and Stu take turns to host IMP Live. You can find out more at www.impodcast.com.
The Nosilla Cast
“A technology geek podcast with an eeeeever so slight Macintosh bias”
This podcast is run by the wonderful Allison Sheridan, and can be found at www.podfeet.com. I contribute to a bi-weekly segment called “chit-chat across the pond” where myself and Allison talk about what ever tech related fun we’ve been having for the past week. The topics range from security to software reviews to photography to pretty much anything we can get away with calling techy The segment is not scripted and very informal.
The Mac Round Table
The idea of the Mac Round Table is that they have a large pool of panellists who are all Mac podcasters and twice a month a sub-set of this large pool of panellists gets together on Skype to discuss some random Apple related topics. I’m very honoured to have been invited to join the pool of panellists. You can find out more about the Mac Roundtable Podcast at www.macroundtable.com
The Typical Mac User Podcast
TMUP is a great show run by Victor Cajiao with some great contributions by George Startcher and can be found over at www.typicalmacuser.com. Victor tends to focus on helping listeners use their Mac to do cool things. As such it’s a very practical show and regardless of how much of a power user you are, you’ll still get something out of the show.
I contributed a monthly segment called “Introduction to the Terminal” where I got down and dirty with the Unix underbelly of OS X. With Victor’s kind permission you can now download back-issues of this segment from this page.
Introduction to the Terminal Series:
- Episode 1: Introduction – MP3 (show notes)
- Episode 2: Introducing the File System – MP3 (show notes)
- Episode 3: Navigating the File System – MP3 (show notes)
- Episode 4: Browsing Folders and Introduction to Unix File Permissions – MP3 (show notes)
- Episode 5: Manipulating Unix File Permissions – MP3 (show notes)
- Episode 6: Introducing Processes – MP3 (show notes)
- Episode 7: Controlling Processes – MP3 (show notes)
- Episode 8: Controlling System Processes – MP3 (show notes)
- Episode 9: Becoming Root – MP3 (show notes)
- Episode 10: Introducing Networking – MP3 (show notes)
- Episode 11: Networking Continued: Layer 1 – MP3 (show notes)
- Episode 12: TCP/IP Layer 2 (IP, Subnet, Netmask & Default Gateway) – MP3 (show notes)
- Episode 13: NAT Explained – MP3 (show notes)
- Episode 14: Making Sense of
ifconfig– MP3 (show notes)
- Episode 15: Discovering Your Network – MP3 (show notes)
- Episode 16: More Pinging and Intro to DNS – MP3 (show notes)
- Episode 17: All About DNS – MP3 (show notes)
- Episode 18: TCP/IP Layer 3 (TCP and UDP) – MP3 (show notes)
- Episode 19 – MP3
(Show notes kindly created by Connor P)
The Typical Shutterbug Podcast
This is another show run by the great Victor Cajiao, and it can be found at www.typicalshutterbug.com. The show is released approximately monthly, and explores all aspects of photography. I contribute the odd segment to this show every now and then, and Victor has been kind enough to invite me to take part in a few of his round-table discussion episodes.